Monday, October 20, 2014

12 Japan DAY 5 – HAKONE, TOKYO, JAPAN (28 April, 2014)

The first on our things to do in Hakone was the gondola (or gondola lift or what you simply call a cable car, bit bigger in size with a capacity of 16 persons) which would give us a view of the mountains, lake and Mt. Fuji. But the drive was long and though it might have been a bit boring such thoughts of boredom were quickly set aside for along the way we got a spectacular view of Mt. Fuji on the side we were seated in the bus and I again found myself taking shots on the move. Unexpectedly the images were beautiful even in that situation; I display one of them below.


Mt. Fuji. A view from bus on the way to Hakone. 
Tokyo, Japan. Apr. 28, 2014

   
     About half an hour later, we were informed that due to the bad weather, the gondola we decided to go was closed, as such was the circumstance the guide instead brought us to another gondola at Togendai station of Hakone rope way. 

At Togendai station of Hakone ropeway, Hakone. 
Tokyo, Japan. Apr. 28, 2014


     






     After 15 min of ropeway travel, we arrived at Owakudani station (via Ubako station). As luck would have it, the gondola chosen wasn't that good; it hardly showed us anything though Lake Ashinoko and Mt. Fuji were visible. It was hard to take shots as the gondola obstructed me. 


A beautiful view of the Lake Ashinoko from gondola, Hakone. 
Tokyo, Japan. Apr. 28, 2014.  




     At Owakudani station, first we visited the nearby souvenir shop where I was really fascinated with the small wooden hand-crafted magic boxes.

     Then we took a few shots of the Owakudani volcanic valley of Mt. Hakone. Fumes with sulfur smell were still coming out, indicating that the volcanic zone is active.



    
A view of the Owakudani volcanic valley of Mt. Hakone, 
Hakone. Tokyo, Japan. Apr. 28, 2014
     
     Okay, let's stop with the cable car because it wasn't the intended one for the tour and it was boring; so let’s go to my favorite part of the whole tour. A cruise..!

    
     I think I started dreaming right after I stepped out of the little building, Hakone Kojiri Terminal, at the small harbor of the Lake Ashinoko. The sky has always interested me; nature has always… when their beauty combines, I am amazed. Then again what kind of an artist be itself proclaimed, be if I hadn't been interested in the beauty that was before me. Here is a picture, it’s a bit dark as it was taken from my iPhone, but the sky was the same.


   
Hakone Kojiri Terminal of the Lake Ashinoko, Hakone. 
Tokyo, Japan. Apr. 28, 2014.  

     
     Already excited getting on the boat only made me bounce more and regardless of the cold I took as many pictures as I could till the very end. My poor hands, but what mattered the most was, I was very happy; I can conclusively say that this was one of my happiest moments in Japan.





     
Cruise on Lake Ashinoko, Hakone. 
Tokyo, Japan. Apr. 28, 2014


     However that was the last stop. So we started heading back to Tokyo. Shot several pictures as I was heading back, since by then the sun was already setting, but offered the best views for me.



Cruising on Lake Ashinoko, Hakone. 
Tokyo, Japan. Apr. 28, 2014

     Again dark most likely this was taken from the bus but it doesn’t the sun and the sky are the highlights here.

Cruising on Lake Ashinoko, Hakone. 
Tokyo, Japan. Apr. 28, 2014



A beautiful view of the Lake Ashinoko from cruise, Hakone. 
Tokyo, Japan. Apr. 28, 2014.  

A beautiful view from the bus, on the way back to Tokyo. 
Tokyo, Japan. Apr. 28, 2014 

     
     Similar to the morning we reached the innards of Tokyo, where we had requested the guide to drop us at a shopping centre. As requested the guide left us at Shinjuku, the largest shopping district in Tokyo as we later learned. But we weren’t there for long; we left a while after we had bought my father a sweater so that he would not get frozen in Sapporo where we were heading the day following the next.



At Shinjuku shopping mall, Tokyo, Japan. Apr. 28, 2014 
    

    By the time we had reached the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay hotel all the way within Maihama I was drooping which had become recurrent in Japan. 


In train, on the way back to Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay hotel, 
Tokyo, Japan. Apr. 28, 2014.  



     












Dinner.  Tokyo, Japan. Apr. 28, 2014.  
    
     But the day had been wonderful so I did not complain or grumble about my tired state, that night I lay to sleep thinking about how I would love it to visit Mt Fuji again..!

No comments:

Post a Comment